Friday, May 1, 2009

Here we go again!


It's fitting that this month Miss Madison turns six years old....so the fun conversations will continue. Today as we were going over her reading homework, I had to sign the book for her and send it back to school. I signed my name in cursive. Madison said...."Mom my teacher can't read....chicken! (yes I'm sure this is something her teacher has said in class to encourage nice print.) "Chicken?!" I asked surprised....."This is not chicken writting this is cursive!" "Mom".... Madison contiues...."My teacher can't read cursive." (you know I am a teacher myself....I have even taught Kindergarten..... my handwriting is well.....an A+ .....infact I get complimented on my handwritting.....so I know this isn't the issue.)
So I print my name underneath my signature, just in case the teacher has any questions about my chicken scratch. I also include a cute little note about why I added the printed name. I thought her teacher might enjoy the story. However I now have a 5 year old crying because "Mom it's not funny! Why did you write that???"

Miss Madison is marvelous! Love you Maddie Moo!

1 comment:

Dyana said...

Oh my gosh; that is so cute!